Posted Date: March 24, 2021
Effective Date: April 1, 2021
Be advised that we never intend to collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If we learn or are notified that we have collected this information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly remove the information from our system.
CALIFORNIA: If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://renewfinancial.com/privacy-policy/california.
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect and store various information about you, including information that you provide to us, information that we automatically collect through your use of our products and services or application for employment and information from publicly-available sources or third parties, as follows:
Information you provide us directly
We collect information directly from you in connection with our products and services. For example, we collect information about you when you check your eligibility for our products and services, apply for our products or services, discuss our products or services with us, register with our Systems, provide feedback to us or participate in our surveys and promotions.
Examples of information we collect include, as applicable:
- Your name
- Your addresses
- Your telephone numbers
- Your email addresses
- Your birthdate
- Your social security number
- Your employment information
- Your income information
- Your insurance information
- Your payment information
- Other details related to your financial situation
- Other EEOC demographic information (in case of employment seekers only)
We may supplement this information with information we collect from publicly available sources, such as information from government records, public records, or the Internet.
Information we collect about you
We collect aggregate information, which is data we collect about your use of our or third-party websites or services, from which personal information has been removed. We collect aggregate information to help us understand consumer trends, needs, interests, and preferences so we can improve our products and services.
Renew Financial also collects demographic information, which is anonymous, and may include:
- Date of Birth
- Geographic Area
We collect information from your consumer reports in order to assess your eligibility for our products and services, make underwriting decisions, and prevent fraud. Examples of information we collect from your consumer reports include:
- Information about your open and closed credit accounts
- Information about credit inquiries
- Information about your payment histories
- Information regarding public records of bankruptcy, liens and judgments
- Information about your credit score
- Information about your employment
- Information about your addresses and telephone numbers
Information related to your consumer reports is maintained by the consumer reporting agencies. If you find that there is an error or you want to dispute the information found in your consumer report, please contact the consumer reporting bureaus.
We collect information about your computer or mobile device to improve and evaluate your use of our Website, our products and services and hiring or other employment opportunities. Examples of information we collect include:
- Your Internet protocol address
- The kind of browser or computer you use
- Your browser data and bookmarks
- Number of links you click within the site
- State or country from which you accessed the site
- Date and time of your visit
- Name of your Internet service provider
- Web page you linked to our site from
- Pages you viewed on the site
Cookies and automated technologies
When you interact with our Website, Systems, or open emails we send you, we obtain certain information using automated technologies, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, is a tiny graphic image that may be used in our websites or emails.
We use these automated technologies to collect information such as the types of service used, and number of users we receive daily. Our web servers automatically log information about your computer, but we do not use this information to identify you personally.
We set some of these automated technologies ourselves, but others are set by third parties who deliver services on our behalf. For example, we may use other companies’ web analytics services (described below), which use automated technologies to help us evaluate how you use our websites.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on the Website.
Third-party analytics services
We may use third-party analytics service providers to help us with our online services. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and web server logs to help us analyze how you use our online services. We may disclose your site-use information (including IP address) to these analytics providers, and other service providers who use the information to help us figure out how you and others use our online services.
Contacting us by telephone
If you communicate with Renew Financial by telephone about our products or services, we may monitor or record the telephone call. We monitor and record telephone conversations for security, quality assurance and compliance purposes. By calling Renew Financial telephone numbers, you consent to having the telephone call monitored and recorded.
Information we get from others
We contract with third parties to place advertisements for our products and services and employment opportunities on websites that are not our own. We place these ads where we think they are likely to be most relevant. These advertisements on third-party websites allow us to track responses to our ads. We and our affiliates use this information to track the performance of our advertising and marketing campaigns by using tools like cookies, web beacons and similar technologies. We use these tools to collect and store information about your visits, page visits and duration, and the specific ad or link that the user clicked on to visit the site.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We collect, use and share your information for our business purposes. For example, we use your information:
- To determine your eligibility for the with products or services you request;
- To provide you with products or services you request;
- To make payments to you or receive payments from you;
- To improve our products and services;
- To facilitate your use of and operation of our products and services, Systems, and Website;
- To communicate with you about Renew Financial contests, promotions, and surveys;
- To market our products and services to you;
- To implement collection activities;
- To protect against fraud and other unlawful conduct;
- To conduct comply with or enforce with applicable law;
- To resolve your disputes; and
- Any other reason we may tell you about from time to time.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell or rent your personal information to anyone. Renew Financial only shares your personal information with unaffiliated third parties as permitted or required by law. When we share your personal information with service providers who perform functions on our behalf, we require the security and confidentiality of your information, as well as limiting their use of the information to reasonably and necessarily to carry out their work with us and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Third parties we share your information with may include, but are not limited to:
- Parties involved in the financing process (e.g. your county tax collector, program sponsor, or your registered home improvement contractor)
- Parties involved in our career recruitment process (e.g. companies that provide recruiting and applicant management software)
- Parties who perform services on our behalf (e.g., consumer reporting agencies, companies that provide property valuation services, distribute emails, process payments)
- Parties who deliver services on our behalf (e.g., companies that provide third-party analytics, online tracking and interest-based advertising)
- Marketing and advertising partners (e.g., companies that we partner with the advertise and market our products and services)
- With governmental entities as authorized by law (e.g., counties, municipalities, joint power authorities, and state agencies involved in our products and services)
- As required by law (e.g., in response to federal or state subpoenas, inquiries from regulatory bodies or law enforcement, or other processes of law)
- Our auditors
- In connection corporate transactions or changes (e.g., as part of, or during negotiations of, a merger, consolidation, sale of our assets, as well as equity financing, acquisition, strategic alliance or in any other situation where personal information may be transferred as one of the business assets of Renew Financial)
- Parties you have specifically authorized (e.g., your attorneys, agents, and designated representatives)
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We take the privacy and security of your personal information seriously. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to reasonably protect your information’s security, confidentiality and integrity.
Whenever we save your personal information, it is stored on servers and in facilities that only selected Renew Financial personnel and our contractors with a business “need to know” may access. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology supporting up to 128-bit encryption to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing personal information transmitted to or from our Systems. Information you submit to us by email is not secure, so please do not send sensitive information in any email to Renew Financial.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your information as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the products or services you have requested or as long as reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
We will provide you with the means to access, change, or correct your personal information. If you need to change information in your profile, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from Renew Financial by following the instructions in those messages or by informing the call that you would not like to receive future promotional calls. You may also submit your request to the contact information provided below. If you decide to opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as messages about the maintenance of your product or service.
You may opt out of cookies and automated technologies and third-party web analytics services as described above.
If you are a Renew Financial PACE customer, please also refer to the privacy notice provided with your financing documents for additional information and options.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Renew Financial Group LLC
555 12th Street, Suite 1650
Oakland, California 94607