Upgrade to a new heating and cooling system, install new windows and doors, insulate your home, and more.
Financing California homeowners trust
Thousands of California homeowners have chosen Renew Financial’s $0 down financing to make their home improvements possible. With fast approvals and fixed rates, it’s the smart choice to make your home more energy or water efficient.
We only finance high quality products that meet state and national standards for energy efficiency, so with Renew Financial, you know you’re getting quality products for your home. We’ll help you afford to upgrade your furnace, go solar, replace your roof, get a tankless water heater, and more, with government-approved PACE financing.
Why choose CaliforniaFIRST?
- 100% financing with no upfront out-of-pocket costs
- Fast in-home approvals
- Borrow up to 15% of property value
- Flexible repayment terms: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30 years
- Balance may transfer to new owner upon sale, subject to lender approval
Quick and easy process
- Select a Renew Financial Registered Contractor who will help you through the process every step of the way.
- Apply online or by phone at 844-589-7953. Approvals can happen in minutes!
- Sign financing documents electronically. No need to go to the bank.
- Your contractor will install your energy or water efficiency improvements.
- We will pay your contractor directly once you are fully satisfied that the work is done.
- Repay the financed amount on your property taxes. No separate bill to remember!
What is CaliforniaFIRST?
Reduce your home's water usage with efficient indoor plumbing, beautify your property with drought tolerant landscaping, and more.
Generate your own electricity with a solar or wind system, heat your pool with a solar hot water heater, charge your electric vehicle, and more.
CaliforniaFIRST is currently available in more than 40 counties, with 330+ participating local governments (cities and unincorporated county areas) located throughout California. See the list of all participating jurisdictions.
CaliforniaFIRST may only accept financing applications from property owners located in jurisdictions that have opted in to the program. Local governments around the state can join CaliforniaFIRST by passing a simple “opt-in” resolution. See our For Governments page for more information.
CaliforniaFIRST solves many of the financial hurdles facing property owners wanting to install energy and water improvements:
- Competitive, fixed interest rates
- Up to a 25-year payback term
- Projects may result in decreased utility bills from reduced electricity and water usage
- Qualifying for financing is not based on personal credit scores
- The PACE lien payment obligation may transfer to the new owner if the property is sold
Yes, certain pre-paid solar leases and PPAs can be financed through CaliforniaFIRST, except in LA County. Please call for more information.
No, but it is encouraged. In certain cases, a property owner may want to have a qualified auditor evaluate his or her home to determine the most cost-effective measures to reduce the home's energy use. The costs of an energy assessment also can be financed with your loan.
Property owners are encouraged to pursue available Federal Investment Tax Credits (ITCs), utility rebates, and any other incentives. All or a portion of total incentives may be subtracted from the amount financed under the program; however, it is not required that the financed amount be reduced by the estimated value of the incentives.
Once property owners receive their rebates and tax credits, those funds may be used to pay down the PACE assessment balance; the balance would then be re-amortized, resulting in lower annual PACE assessment payments.
CaliforniaFIRST staff are available 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday to answer additional questions by email or by phone at 844-589-7953.