Upgrade to a new heating and cooling system, install new windows and doors, insulate your home, and more.
ReHome New York
The ReHome New York program will be suspended as of 9 p.m. EDT on Friday, June 30, 2017.
At this time, applications may no longer be submitted online. Applications will be accepted by phone until 9 p.m. EDT on June 30, 2017. After that time, no new applications will be accepted.
ReHome New York home energy loans are offered through a public/private partnership with the state of New York to help homeowners take advantage of thousands of moneysaving efficiency upgrades. Financing is easy and approvals are fast.
Thousands of projects are eligible: Replace an outdated furnace, upgrade to energy efficient windows and doors, install a new solar system, or even replace an older roof. Plus, up to 25% of the loan amount can be used for other home improvements.
Low fixed rate, long payment terms
Many financing programs offer promotional or "teaser" interest rates that skyrocket if the loan balance is not paid off within the promotional period. ReHome New York loans are fixed-rate loans that will never surprise you with rate hikes. The interest rate will never change, and ReHome New York offers longer terms than typical bank financing. Plus, with no penalty for prepayment, you can pay it off or make additional principal payments at any time.
What is ReHome New York?
Generate your own electricity with a solar or wind system, heat your pool with a solar hot water heater, charge your electric vehicle, and more.
Prepare your home for severe weather with wind-resistant shingles, storm shutters, storm doors, and more.
ReHome New York is a financing program from Renew Financial that provides low-cost home improvement loans to homeowners for energy efficiency, renewable energy, water conservation, and related projects.
ReHome New York works in five simple steps:
- Estimate: Contact a registered ReHome contractor to get an estimate for qualifying improvements.
- Apply: Conveniently apply online or by phone. Mobile and web-based tools allow your contractor to instantly estimate your monthly payment.
- Sign: Complete and sign financing documents electronically.
- Install: Your ReHome contractor completes your efficiency upgrades.
- Repay: Pay your loan back through regular monthly payments that never rise. Renew Financial will pay your contractor directly.
ReHome New York loans help property owners install energy- and water-saving improvements. The benefits of our loans include:
- Low, fixed interest rate
- Fixed monthly payments
- Loans up to $20,000
- Flexible repayment terms of 5, 7, or 10 years
- 100% of the project can be financed
- Thousands of eligible improvements to save energy, water, and money
- Up to 25% of the financed amount can be used for non-qualifying products
- Work completed by ReHome Registered Contractors
- No upfront costs and no hidden fees
- Fast, simple approval and application process
- Strong consumer protections
A ReHome New York loan can help you upgrade your home inside and out. You can increase your home's comfort and save energy with this fast, convenient financing option for energy and water-saving improvements. ReHome New York provides low, fixed rates and flexible payback terms that make it easy to complete your upgrades and begin saving money today.
Renew Financial, a pioneering efficiency financing company specializing in affordable financing for energy efficiency, renewable energy, and water conservation projects, runs ReHome New York. Renew Financial has developed an array of innovative financing products, including ReHome, that help move America toward a clean energy future.
To obtain a ReHome New York home improvement loan, you work with a local ReHome New York Registered Contractor to identify the needed or potential energy and water upgrades to your home. Your contractor will then help you apply for and receive a ReHome New York loan to cover the upfront costs of the upgrades.